13 mayo 2007

London

After my time in Malta, I stopped by in London to see some friends I have there. And to visit London, of course, because I have never been there before. I arrived Thursday 3rd very late at night, and Friday, while my friend was taking an exam, I walked around in London. Friday is the day I walked most, but is what usually happens... then each day you are more and more tired.
I started in the Albert Hall, and then went to Hyde Park.



Walking, walking, I arrived to Buckingham Palace. And I saw a crowd in the square, the traffic stopped... wtf is going on here?- I thought. So I was there, at the Palace, and there started to arrive more and more soldiers, and they were strolling up and down in the inner ward. One hour after (one hour!!!) they started to left. And I was so stunned... it was just a fucking guard shift change!! One hour!!


However... Then I went to Trafalgar Square, to the Thamesis, Big Ben and Houses of Parliament, and to Westminster Abbey. Westminster is soooo pretty! I couldn't get inside (it was too expensive), but just in the outside is already astonishing. I only could get into a little chappel beside the Abbey (Sta. Margarita, I think), that was also quite nice.



Afterwards I went to the Natural History Museum, and I met Lorena (that already had finished her exam) and Peter (who is living in London for 4 years), and we went for a coffee. In the evening we went to see Spiderman-3, and then to bed early. I was pretty tired.

Saturday I went with Lorena to Camden Market. It was amazing. Lot's of 'my style' shops, tons of things to buy, a very nice atmosphere... Unluckly I couldn't buy NO2 nor butyl nitrate. I mean, you can buy it wherever there, but I was leaving in two days and I had no plans of partying, so... but I really want to try NO2.
Then we went to Covent Garden, where we met another Spanish girl that is living in London. We went to Chinatown and to have a beer in the Soho.



Lorena left to study and then we went to St. Paul's Cathedral, the Lloyds building, Tower of London, Tower Bridge, Hay's gallerie, Tate Museum (just outside, three days is not enough to go to all the museums in London), Millenium bridge and Piccadilly Circus (is not as nice as I thought).

Saturday night I stayed at Peter's, and in the morning we went to Regent's Park, and the Barbican center. There, just by chance, we found where the first bomb fell during WWII. We dropped by in King's Cross Station, and I was about to take the Hogwart's Express!!



Peter had to left, and I went to the British Museum. But it is really huge, and museums are boring when you are alone (besides I was damn tired), so I didn't stay long.
I met Lorena again, we went to dinner, and... back to Göteborg!

I enjoyed London very much. It is very nice, and I really want to go back,... but that will be when I have some money again. I couldn't see some things (I wanted to go to Windsor, but...), and I didn't go out partying. Perhaps next time with my brother or some friends...

Today I'm too lazy to put Wikipedia links. Besides, you all know how to use it. More pictures, as always, at Picasa.

Next stop? Stokholm!


Después de la semanita que pasé en Malta, paré en Londres a ver algunos amigos. Y a visitar Londres, claro, que no había estado nunca. Llegué el jueves 3 por la noche (muy tarde para hacer nada), y me quedé en casa de Lorena. El viernes, mientras ella hacía un examen, empecé a patear Londres. El viernes es el día que más andé (o anduve), pero es lo que pasa siempre... luego cada día estás más cansado.
Empecé en el Albert Hall, que está al lado de la Universidad de Lorena, y luego fui hasta Hyde Park



Andando, andando, llegué hasta Buckingham Palace. La plaza estaba hasta el culo de gente, y el tráfico parado, y pensé 'Qué cojones pasará aquí?'. Así que me quedé. E iban llegando más y más soldados, que se paseaban arriba y abajo por el patio de armas, cambiando de formación y tocando musiquillas. Después de una hora (una hora!!!!), se empezaron a marchar, y me quedé ahí como un gilipollas... era un cambio de guardia!! Una hora para un maldito cambio de guardia!!



En fin,... después fui a Trafalgar Square, a la orilla del Támesis, Big Ben y Houses of Parliament, y a la Abadía de Westminster. Westminster es taaaaaan bonita. No pude entrar (pasando, muy cara), pero ya sólo por fuera es increiblemente preciosa. Sólo pude entrar a una pequeña capilla que hay al lado (Sta. Margarita, creo), que también era muy bonita.



Después fui al Museo de Historia Natural, y quedé con Lorena (que ya había terminado su examen) y con Pedro (que lleva viviendo en Londres la tira, creo que 4 años), y fuimos a echar un café. Por la noche Lorena y yo nos fuimos al cine a ver Spiderman 3, y a la camita pronto. Yo estaba reventado.

El sábado, después de un nutritivo desayuno inglés, Lorena me llevó a Camden. Increíble. Un montón de tiendas de mi rollo, millones de cosas que comprar, muy buen rollito por la calle, góticas a montón... por desgracia, no pude comprar NO2 ni nitrato de butilo. O sea, lo puedes comprar ahí en cualquier sitio, pero me piraba en dos días y no tenía intención de salir de fiesta en Londres, así que... pero tengo ganas de probar el NO2.
Después fuimos a Covent Garden, donde quedamos con Clara, y fuimos a Chinatown y a echar una cervecilla al Soho.



Lorena se tuvo que volver a estudiar, pobrecilla, y nosotros fuimos a ver la Catedral de St. Paul, el edificio Lloyds (estilo Metropolis, genial), la Torre de Londres, Tower Bridge, la Galeria Hay's, el museo Tate (sólo por fuera, tres días no dan para mucho museo), el Millenium Bridge y Piccadilly Circus (que tampoco es gran cosa).

Me quedé en lo de Pedro esa noche, y por la mañana fuimos a Regent's Park y al Barbican Center. Allí, de casualidad, encontramos donde cayó la primera bomba durante la WWII. También pasamos por la estación de King's Cross, de donde sale el tren del puto Harry Potter!



Pedro se tuvo que marchar, y fui al British Museum. Pero es enorme, y los museos son aburridos si estás tú solo (además de que estaba reventado), así que tampoco me quedé mucho. Quedé con Lorena otra vez, fuimos a cenar, y Lorena que es un encanto me acompañó a las 2 de la mañana al bus del aeropuerto...

Me ha encantado Londres. Muy bonito. Así que habrá que volver... pero cuando mi economía se recupere. Me quedé sin ver algunas cosas (me hubiera gustado ir a Windsor, por ejemplo), y tampoco salí por ahí. Tal vez la próximacon mi hermano o algunos amigos....

Esta vez estoy vago, y no os voy a poner links a la Wikipedia. Más fotos, como siempre, en Picasa.

Próxima parada: Estocolmo!

No hay comentarios: